Friday, December 12, 2008

Usually I want to read the book, but...

...I guess I'm time-challenged enough (since I got old, jeez, when did that happen?) that it's just easier to get my pop-culture fare from movies. There's no way I'd have the time (or inclination) to read the twilight series (been there, done that, remember Anne Rice? Still writing -- who knew? -- and... well, nevermind, you clicked the link or you didn't, I won't judge), but I'd like to see the movie if Angelina and her friends could get it together enough to pick a flipping day already.

In the meantime, there's current TV to explain why I even want to spend my cash on this:

As for Anne Rice, I liked Lasher better than Lestat (and if I ever had much cared for Lestat, seeing Tom Cruise play him in the movie would have ruined it for me anyway).

3 comments:

carla said...

Im officially the last person on earth to not have read twilight and not plan to read it and not wanna see the movie.

it's lonely :)

MizFit

Leamur said...

My daughter's BFF didn't want to see Twilight, either. Drooling over Daniel Craig won out. Can't say I blame them, but if I can't use my teenager as an excuse to watch vampire movies, I guess I'm SOL. ;)

Donnalouise said...

I really recommend reading the first Twilight book at least. It really gives you an idea behind why they act the way they do... I totally loved the movie though - saw it 3 times so far and might go again this weekend.