Thursday, January 15, 2009

Synchronicity


Wow. January 14-15th must have been "Grateful Meme Day." Who knew? Steph shared about what Steve Jobs' medical leave reminds us of, and check out this delightful essay Will posted on thinkbuddha.org, which I quote part of here:

...I came to realise that indebtedness is not optional, that we are indebted whether we like it or not, and that we can never repay these debts. There is no straightening of accounts in which we can suddenly see ourselves as being separate and free. Realising this, my sense of life shifted. I started to recognise that, given that I could not balance the accounts, I had no choice other than to be grateful.

Could it be Jobs' announcement that kicked this meme off? Dude must be a god. I wish him well.

The photo above was swiped from here. The link there to the video of the Stanford commencement address is broken, so I'll just post it here, shall I?

No comments: