Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Time Has Come...

'The time has come,' the Walrus said,
'To talk of many things:
Of shoes -- and ships -- and sealing wax --
Of cabbages -- and kings --
And why the sea is boiling hot --
And whether pigs have wings.'

'But wait a bit,' the Oysters cried,
'Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!'
'No hurry!' said the Carpenter.
They thanked him much for that.
[excerpt from Lewis Carroll's The Walrus and The Carpenter, of course]

Which is to say, my experiment with maintaining my weight or continuing to lose weight without keeping the food journal must end, as my weight has upped to the threshhold where I have to get serious again or get fat again, and I choose to get serious. But since we still had stuffed-crust pizza and white chocolate chip cookies today from yesterday, the food journalling will begin tomorrow, when I'll be able to be good, rather than today, when I had stuffed-crust pizza and a white chocolate chip cookie for breakfast.

I thought I had been pretty good this week - excepting the stuffed-crust pizza and white chocolate chip cookies, of course - but the scale says otherwise. I have been eating cereal for breakfast, alas, and I think this has been part of my downfall. I really do just fine without breakfast, it's an eating-habit rather than a hunger thing most days, and it probably adds close to 500 calories to my day when you add in the fruit on top and the sometimes bottle of juice alongside. It's not 3 pounds in a week (jeez!), but skipping it will be a simple step towards getting back on track.

So food-journalling and daily weigh-ins begins again tomorrow, ready or not, and by First Day of Pool, I plan to be in the size 10 Nautica tankini I haven't been able to wear the past 2 summers...

No comments: