Thursday, June 10, 2010

We Don't Need No Quiet Dogmas

The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present.




I confess, I am wearing a single-function device (although it tells the date as well).

Here's the title ref for any of my imaginary readers interested in a brief ride in the wayback machine:



I have The Wall courtesy of Baby Brother. We saw it at The Uptown Theater on Connecticut Avenue when it came out, with his friend Greg and Greg's parents. I was a little worried about the adult content & Holocaust stuff with Greg's parents, but his mom said she liked it & thought it was well-handled. (I was a bit of a Floyd-Head in high school, but preferred the older stuff, especially Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon of course, and Meddle.) Alas, it just doesn't seem like Angelina's kind of thing, but Young Anakin should see it while he's still in high school if he's ever going to see it...

No comments: