Friday, October 10, 2008

Excellent Birds!

So I looked at a few variations before selecting this one. Although I really like it with Peter Gabriel (and there are several videos, including this one that is oddly/scarily reminiscent of Napoleon Dynamite), ultimately, I selected the classic:


I saw her once at Lisner (Strange Angels tour). Awesome.

Something peculiar occurred to me watching this: big boobs didn't used to be mandatory. It's so nice to see that again. Although I've never felt deficient in that aspect or considered it a big deal (unavoidable pun, sorry), there used to be a time when it was not unusual to see women on even a TV or movie screen who were flat-chested and it was just normal. Superman's girlfriend did not have to have giant boobs. (And Superman did not have to look "ripped".) And Indiana Jones' woman, not flat-chested, but the boobs were so not the point. (And on the man's side again, check out Harrison Ford, hotter'n'hell without looking artificially enhanced.) How often do we see images now of women with less than a C-cup? When, exactly, did big boobs become mandatory? And "sculpting" for male and female physiques? I mean The Plastics were a joke, right?

OK, rant over, just watch Laurie Anderson and it'll all be good...

No comments: